Clover Country Farms News

Welcome to Clover Country Farms blog! We are a small just getting started family farm in SE Texas. We have 4 boys , 1 baby girl, and lots of critters. Have a seat, put your feet up & grab a glass of cold sweet tea & have a look around. Watch us grow and learn from our mistakes... The Good The Bad & The sometimes CRAZY goings on of a Family farm.

Thursday, August 11

I know, I said that I was going to try to keep this blog updated... and its been too long. But now the boys are back in school!!
ALL the boys are in school!! whoo hoo!

Here goes again.

The pigs are growing well. Hot Dog got his nose ring hung up on the fence and ripped it out tho.. OUCH!! but he's fine now.

The Goats are just wonderful spoiled rotten babies! They just KNOW mommy always has rasins in her pocket at all times. So they just LOVE to see me coming.

The chickens are doing well.. cept now that they are free range.. and the standard hens are getting to laying age.... I dont know how to teach them to lay in the nest boxes!! I have a feeling that I have lots of newly layed eggs under the house!

I let a hen hatch her chicks and raise them in the hen house for the first time..... I usually put them in the brooder until they are big enough to fend for themselves w/ the other birds... But they are doing GREAT! How easy is that?? I dont have to do anything!! whoo hoo!

I am very worried about Angus. He looks terrible... lost lots of weight... I wormed him and the vet says no heart worms... but he is 5 now... old for a bulldog. The vet says its just a matter of time. could be days.. could be months.. no way of knowing. One thing I do know.. is he is spoiled and loved... and I will NOT handle this well!

I have decided that I want to get another Dane when the time comes tho. I won't have another English Bulldog... I love them.. but they are heartbreaking... 4-6 years??? Just not enough time.

More soon.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home