Clover Country Farms News

Welcome to Clover Country Farms blog! We are a small just getting started family farm in SE Texas. We have 4 boys , 1 baby girl, and lots of critters. Have a seat, put your feet up & grab a glass of cold sweet tea & have a look around. Watch us grow and learn from our mistakes... The Good The Bad & The sometimes CRAZY goings on of a Family farm.

Wednesday, December 7

Another chilly night around our place. :)
Didn't get the Christmas Tree up yesterday, But going to do it today. The kids were upset that we didn't make it to the big Tree lighting in town so I am planning one for us tonight w/ Hot Cocoa and S'mores.

It is supposed to rain and be cold today, so I guess its the perfect time to clean house. hmmm Not my favorite thing to do.
We have a very small house, w/ way too many people in it. I swear that the items that get plopped down on every horizontal surface in my house breeds and multiplies!! I just can't seem to get a handle on the HUGE amount of "clutter" around here. I find I get all motivated, then get everything out, and get overwhelmed and putter out leaving a bigger mess than when I got the bright idea to "Purge & clean".
We plan to build a room in the attic for the boys someday..... that sure would help!
A man from the SBA is coming out today to look at the hurricane damage out here to see if we really need a SBA loan for repairs. well DUH! lol the big blue tarp on our roof should tell him something! lol

Called the butcher today to find out prices for getting the pigs done... These are the first pigs i have ever raised, so I had no idea how much it was.. I think its a pretty good deal.. he said
$25 = kill, skin, cut
.40 = per lb for pork chops, ribs etc meat.
.70 = per lb for pan sausage
$1.59 = per lb for smoked sausage
.99= per lb for smoked hams/bacon

he directed me to another butcher to get Hot Dog ready for a pig roast, as he doesn't scald/scrape, just skins.

Will call him today and see what I'm looking at for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home