Clover Country Farms News

Welcome to Clover Country Farms blog! We are a small just getting started family farm in SE Texas. We have 4 boys , 1 baby girl, and lots of critters. Have a seat, put your feet up & grab a glass of cold sweet tea & have a look around. Watch us grow and learn from our mistakes... The Good The Bad & The sometimes CRAZY goings on of a Family farm.

Tuesday, March 28

Heartbroken

I haven't posted in awhile....
I just haven't been up to it.
we have had a very VERY heartbreaking week here on the farm.

Last Saturday the puppies got sick...
I thought it was the worming meds,..
well. by Monday morning we had gone from 11 Happy Healthy Great Dane puppies to 3 barely hangin on very sick puppies.

The vet confirmed our greatest fears on Monday morning...

PARVO

The scary thing is... we don't have a clue where they got it. The vet said it could have been a stray tho walked through the yard, I could have picked it up on my shoes when I went to the store, even a neighbors rainwater can bring it onto our land, or it could have been here before we even moved in.

We have been sooo careful, I don't let any of the neighborhood kids play with the puppies, I haven't let people come see them yet (only pics online), they were due for their 6 week shots This Friday.

We have lost all of the puppies.
This has been a terrible experience.
we are so sad.

I have been getting calls every day from people who want one of our beautiful puppies. I could have sold this litter 5 times over, they were just that good.

There are just no more words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home