Clover Country Farms News

Welcome to Clover Country Farms blog! We are a small just getting started family farm in SE Texas. We have 4 boys , 1 baby girl, and lots of critters. Have a seat, put your feet up & grab a glass of cold sweet tea & have a look around. Watch us grow and learn from our mistakes... The Good The Bad & The sometimes CRAZY goings on of a Family farm.

Thursday, April 27

Stuborn Ponies!


Here are the two welsh ponies I posted about last week.
They are doing pretty good.
They havent been worked with for quite a long time, so they are skiddish.

When you can get hold of their halter or have them on a lead rope, they are fine... but till ya do.. the chase is on!

My neighbor (the horse lady) told me a good way to tame em down a bit is to ONLY let them eat when they are on a lead rope, tied up and I am messing w/ them (petting, brushing, talking etc...)
Well this is working well w/ one of them.
He is a good boy.. See's me commin w/ the feed bucket. he waits for me to come put on his lead rope, tie him up and let him eat.

Now.. His brother (we call Rowdy) is oh so stubborn!
He will inch his way up to me and eat a little bit out of my hand.. but No Way No How will he let me get ahold of his halter!
I will try to get it and get him to trust me while his brother eats... then after brother is done eating I let him off the lead and leave.
My neighbor says when he's hungry enough he'll let ya put on a lead and he'll eat.

I am kinda worried tho.
He hasn't eaten anything but some grass in the pen etc.. and a few handfuls of food since Saturday morning.
I don't want to starve him... but it seems to be a battle of the wills and

I'm thinkin I BETTER win or I'm in REAL trouble lol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home