Clover Country Farms News

Welcome to Clover Country Farms blog! We are a small just getting started family farm in SE Texas. We have 4 boys , 1 baby girl, and lots of critters. Have a seat, put your feet up & grab a glass of cold sweet tea & have a look around. Watch us grow and learn from our mistakes... The Good The Bad & The sometimes CRAZY goings on of a Family farm.

Wednesday, May 17

Chickens chickens EVERYWHERE!

It seems Spring is in FULL Force around here.
so many of my hens have gone broody! I am not getting many eggs because these girls just want to sit and hatch! I have chicks everywhere! lol Oh my!
I lost count at 47 chicks! More hatch every day!
I'm really gonna have to thin my flock or sell a buncha eggs in a few months!

The ponies are doing good, Rowdy still has his moments where he doesn't want to be a good boy and let me get his lead line. But he is a little less stupid than before lol

Eeyore (pot belly pig) has decided that he LOVES the horses, he spends his days figuring out how to get out of his pen and get into the horse pen. lol the horses are not really impressed w/ him.. he wants to rub on them and love them, they would rather he just leave them alone.

the garden is doing great! cept I was a bad tomato mom and didnt get the tomato plants caged in time... now I have a jungle of tomatoes lol but a BUNCH of them... now we wait for them to ripen.
corn is coming up well, melons, squash, beans & cukes growing well too. Looks like the raised beds is the way to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home