Clover Country Farms News

Welcome to Clover Country Farms blog! We are a small just getting started family farm in SE Texas. We have 4 boys , 1 baby girl, and lots of critters. Have a seat, put your feet up & grab a glass of cold sweet tea & have a look around. Watch us grow and learn from our mistakes... The Good The Bad & The sometimes CRAZY goings on of a Family farm.

Saturday, May 6

More Critters!

Things are going good w/ the ponies...
They now have names.

Paco - the lead horse/more tame
& Rowdy - he earned his name. he is still stubborn, but doing better.

Yesterday I went to the feed store, which I know is not a good thing! lol
I came home w/ 4 Eastern Wild Turkeys.
& 4 kittens.

I have been wanting some barn cats to help w/ mice etc in the barn, and I wanted to start w/ kittens, so they can get pecked a few times and get a little afraid of the chickens so hopefully they wont go after them later.

These are the first turkeys we have had, so it should be interesting. I was wanting to get a Broad Breasted breed, but this is what they had, and wild turkeys might go broody and raise come babies, we'll see. They are quite dumb lol I had to put a chick in w/ them to show them how/where to eat/drink! geesh!

1 Comments:

At Wed May 10, 06:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just discovered your site through www.homesteadingtoday.com. A true city girl here with an itch for the country that won't seem to go away. A tiny garden and reading sites like this have helped me break into my dream. Hopefully, it will grow over the next few years. Your site is inspiring! I hope to try a few of your recipes in the next few days.
Thanks!
Sarah, IN
BansMama@aol.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home