Clover Country Farms News

Welcome to Clover Country Farms blog! We are a small just getting started family farm in SE Texas. We have 4 boys , 1 baby girl, and lots of critters. Have a seat, put your feet up & grab a glass of cold sweet tea & have a look around. Watch us grow and learn from our mistakes... The Good The Bad & The sometimes CRAZY goings on of a Family farm.

Friday, December 9

Friday Mornin

It's early, it's chilly (28) outside, Got Charles off to work, got the boys off to school, all w/ hot chocolate and hand warmers, got the fire flaming, coffee brewing, baby sleeping, it's nice and quiet round here. what a great morning!

Today is going to be fun & busy. My neighbor is having a "garage" sale at the airport. I am looking to buy a HUGE stainless steel sub-zero freezer, and some new kitchen chairs. I'm sure I'll find lots more to buy... But I shouldn't. we'll see.

I talked to a few hunters I know about them renting out space in the freezer for deer meat or hog meat etc., I'd like to be able to have a few ppl do that to help recoup the money this monster will take to run! They thought it was a great idea. And it will sure help when Saucy goes to freezer camp and will give us yet another reason to buy a couple calves to help fill it up as well.

Today Brooke & I are going to Super-Wal-Mart to do our monthly BIG shopping. That's always fun. Its just great to walk into the pantry/laundry room/mud room and see the shelves packed w/ food.

I'm also gonna buy the boys some new thermoses so they can take hot chocolate w/ em on the bus, and would like to get some plastic for the old windows in this house to help hold in some heat.

The dogs LOVED their heat lamp! they never even came out of their shed to bark! lol I guess they thought it was better to stay warm. lol The goats stayed nice and cozy in the corner full of hay . The tarps we put up around their stall worked just fine. Now if I can just find a way to teach them that the "pretty Blue Tarp" is NOT a good thing to eat! lol The chickens seemed to weather the cold just fine. And Eeyore didn't even bother to come out of his hay burrow to say good morning today lol

I need to go cut more wood today (Whoo Hoo chain saw time!)
.. it's amazing how much I go through on a chilly day.

One more day that I am planning on getting the Christmas tree up. we'll see.

Note to self... Coffee Mate Gingerbread creamer is GREAT! mmmmm

Barry is coming out to take the boys to eat, so it'll be Charles and I (and Brooke of course) for dinner.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home