Clover Country Farms News

Welcome to Clover Country Farms blog! We are a small just getting started family farm in SE Texas. We have 4 boys , 1 baby girl, and lots of critters. Have a seat, put your feet up & grab a glass of cold sweet tea & have a look around. Watch us grow and learn from our mistakes... The Good The Bad & The sometimes CRAZY goings on of a Family farm.

Wednesday, December 14

Wet Wet Wed

Today it rained.... No, rain really isn't the word for it... it POURED!! no less than 6" in an hour and a half! I actually had to drain the pool because it was over-flowing!

And of course this was the first day I had an appt in town in the past month! lol Brooke and I were on our way home when the worst hit. We made it home and guess who was wading thru the ditch? The pigs! grrrrr

They were very happy to see me though. I ran thru the mud and rain to lift the barb wire fencing to get em back in the yard... Saucy came right thru, Hot-Dog took a little longer.. but that was ok because it gave Saucy time to try to eat my shoe.

Then they were good little piggies and followed me in a single file line into the hen house.... The hens were NOT impressed, but the pigs were contained & dry, and the hens went to the goat side to sulk.

the pigs wanted to play.. so by the time the boys & Charles got home to fix the pen and move the oinkers, they had torn down part of the roost, eaten all of the eggs and turned all the bedding material (that's a good thing lol).

This venture gave us a chance to weigh Saucy, well sort of lol we got her into the crate then put the crate on a scale.. it put her at about 210 lbs. good , if its right.

Yesterday I noticed our male Dane Arlo acting funny w/ Sable... so I was watching them.. sure enough, he stands over her and barks and barks and barks.... she is going into heat. She let him mount her, but didn't allow him to "do the deed" thank God!

She is the one who just had a very hard birth in August! so we do NOT want her to do it again till next year. I couldn't believe she was even going into heat again so soon! So she is in here laying under my desk :) I just LOVE Danes! They are awesome foot warmers!
Not that we need one right now.. its 67 outside right now! Crazy weather!

Arlo is beside himself w/ grief... he wants his woman.. NOW!!! Danes are just the best dogs.. but they are TERRIBLE howlers!! Oh my, he sounds like a wounded moose! lol Charles actually had to park the 4-wheeler on the gate because Arlo was sooo determined to get out and get Sable he would have had it open by morning because the ground is so wet!
poor poor thing.. Geesh men......

Charles is just about as miserable as Arlo.. no.. NOT for the same reason lol. His back is really bothering him. I'm not sure what to do . poor baby. I think I'm gonna make him a round rice bag tomorrow and see if the warmth from it helps.

Tonight, the boys had left over chicken & noodles from lastnight, I made a big ole reuben sandwich and Charles made Hamburger and beans lol wow what a combo!

Everybody is in bed... I'm here typing w/ a mug of hot chocolate, and Sable at my feet.... nice...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home